Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error writting In-Database to HIVE

OJ_TU
5 - Atom
Hello, Having trouble writing a table using the “Write Date In-DB” tool. The workflow errors out with the below message. There is NO field called ‘HRFA’ that is being written into the Hive Db as suggested in the error message. Error: Write Data In-DB (25): Error running PreSQL on "NoTable": [Simba][Hardy] (80) Syntax or semantic analysis error thrown in server while executing query. Error message from server: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10004]: Line 1:5671 Invalid table alias or column reference 'HRFA': (possible column names are: accountname, accountowner, active_year, billing_group, bur_num, char_prfl_grp_id, current_period, custid, customer_type, division_name, first_five_characteristics, industry, invoiceid, month_name, month_name_short, month_num, orderid, orgid, platform, postingcode, pricinggroup, product, productcode, productdescription, productname, quarter, region, reportinggroup, reseller_flag, revenue, salesgroup, salesteam, second_five_characteristics, servicecategorycode, servicecategoryname, sizeband, source, subscriber_id, subscriber_name, territory_code, territory_name, tier, ttm, ultcustid, ultcustid_name, units, vertical, year, year_month_number, ytd, char)
4 REPLIES 4
raviakaram
6 - Meteoroid

Any update on this? I have the similar error

MichaelF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @OJ_TU

So this is usually caused because Hive is seeing HRFA as a column rather than a value (which I assume is what you're doing).

I would think somewhere in your query you're calling HRFA using double quotes. What we've seen is that Hive actually thinks double quotes is another column, which is why you get the error. If you switch it to single quotes, then it should pass through as a value instead of a column name.

Cheers,

Mike

raviakaram
6 - Meteoroid

It worked! thank you MichaelF

Thomas_simonet
7 - Meteor

Thank you, I just had the same issue and your answer saved me !

The data at the end of the workflow did not contain the word in the error message, so I did not see where this came from. My workflow is quite big and in fact the quoted word was in a "where" clause from one of the source table...

Labels