Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error with one XLS Output.

JTGNW
5 - Atom

Hello, I am attempting to run a workflow with multiple output files and multiple tabs within each output file. There are 6 output files, each has at least one tab. I am getting the following message as an error on only one tab on one file, but none of the others:

Error: Output Data (104): The 2017-10-10 Windows security patch prevents the Jet driver from reading .xls files; install the 2010 32-bit Access driver

Everything I have seen on the discussions has this popping up for every output and some sort of new version issue. However, this is only popping up for one tab on one of the 6 output files and I just got Alteryx recently. The other tabs on the same output file have no error, just this one tab. All the files and outputs are XLS, so not sure why this is the only one triggering. Please help. 

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @JTGNW 

I share your confusion on why it would occur on only 1 of many outputs. Maybe there's some variations on the output that could give insight into if it's something about that particular output or the process in general?

In the meantime, you could download and install those legacy Excel drivers to make things run a little smoother in the future. here's a post with additional information:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Enable-Microsoft-Excel-Binar...

JTGNW
5 - Atom

Hi Charlie - thanks for replying. I ended up just making the outputs all xlsx. and it worked out. Definitely keeping any future excel outputs as xlsx. 

Labels