Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error with downloading .xls file from web with data not starting on the first line

ibesmond
8 - Asteroid

Does anyone know how to solve this?  The .xls format doesn't give you the option: Start Data Import on Line "N".

I thought a sample tool might help, but it can't read a table to progress to the sample tool.

I am pulling the file our a URL so I don't want to change the file format manually.  

OR - Error.png

OR - Error2.png

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ibesmond ,

You are doing everything correctly!

You have just forgot to check one simple little thing that I also keep forgetting everytime I'm using a text input hahaha - the column size is adjusted to the number of characters of the maximum string found, so in your case it will have 28 characters only that will cause a truncation for the sheetname you are inserting in your formula.

Solution attached.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

ibesmond
8 - Asteroid

Thanks 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I know how the feeling is! hahahaha

Based in this topic and my current not so great experience with the same issue multiple times, I've suggested as an idea of improvement for Alteryx.

If we get to 10 likes, the idea will be revised.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Text-input-tool-text-format-and-size-changed...

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels