Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error with Output to TAB file (Error: 3)

Vlad_Dakev
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm trying to output some spatial data to a TAB (MapInfo Table) file, but I am receiving a very generic error that I need some help with. See below workflow and error message:

Alteryx_Error.PNG

Anyone have any idea why this may be happening or what it means? I need to output to some sort of standard spatial file, and I am not sure why the workflow is failing to write to the TAB file. I have tried writing to a shapefile instead, but those are limited to 2 GB in Alteryx. I am not aware of any size restriction on TAB files, so I don't believe that is the issue here. 

Thanks in advance for any help or tips. 

3 REPLIES 3
sylvinas93
5 - Atom

Having the same question. Partially solved the problem by restricting the output number of records. Still, my quest requires me to do a single file, so looking forward to the actual solution of this. Though you could try to divide them into several files to output.

Vlad_Dakev
5 - Atom

Hi - see link for resolution: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Error-with-Output-to-TAB-File-Error-3/...

Not sure why I have two separate posts on this - my mistake!

sylvinas93
5 - Atom

Cool no problem. Yeah I tried this but not working for me. Guess it was because the data frame is too big for Alteryx to output into one file.

Labels