Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error while writing into a Cassandra DB via Simba driver

Cyprien
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm trying to connect alteryx in order to write to my Cassandra DB. But I have the following error :

Error: Output Data (2): DataWrap2ODBC::SendBatch: [Simba][Support] (40550) Invalid character value for cast specification. Insert into "TPO"."test"("id","ord","value") Values (?,?,?)

My data structure and workflow are very simple :
I have the latest simba ODBC driver downloaded on the alteryx web site. My connection is successful and I can see my table TPO.test when I use an input connector to look at the data inside my DB

My workflow is Input From csv -> select all and change types -> output to the cassandra DB

the name of the column are correctly detected since they are the same between my DB and my CSV file.

I can see that there are data going into my "OUtput Data" connector so I don't understand why the values he tries to put into the CQL query is (?,?,?).

I might be missing something, but I really don't see what.

Thanks for your help

Cyprien

3 REPLIES 3
WayneWooldridge
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello Cyprien,

Want to let you know I'm working on solution.  I'm attempting to find a Cassandra host I can connect to here at Alteryx to attempt to reproduce the issue.  Standby for now... will be in touch with some additional information. 

WayneWooldridge
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The insert statement is a generic way of binding data with the ODBC API.  There isn't anything wrong with your insert statement.  The trouble is one of your datatypes is unable to convert.  Double check the .csv types with your Cassandra types to determine where the problem is.

Cyprien
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Wayne,

Indeed it was an issue with data conversion. I had and UUID type on my table. In change it to string in order to import a string from the CSV and it's working.

Thanks for your help.

Cyprien

Labels