Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error while sending output to multiple tabs in excel

Ragini
7 - Meteor

Hey experts,

I get the following error while trying to output data to multiple tabs in the same excel spreadsheet.

"..process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". Note that this error occurs *randomly* after moving the workflow to another network drive and I believe it is because the server is slow. I have read previous posts that have suggested using Parallel Block until Done but I am not sure where to place the tool in my workflow since the data is being output from a single data stream for a given file. Attached is a screenshot of how the workflow looks like at the end. Output File 1 & 2 have multiple tabs with different "accounts". Currently it will write 1 or 2 tabs in the sheet and then throw the error, so the files are not complete. I have tried playing around with the throttle tool, but it takes a long time and I'm not sure if it does the trick. I ahve also checked that the AMP Engine is unchecked. Would appreciate any inputs! TIA!

3 REPLIES 3
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Ragini 

Maybe just a block until done could solve it, it is worth trying.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1673395381152.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

If not, try this

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1673395942312.png

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Ragini 

You can utilize the Block until done tool to output to multiple sheets.

https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/block-until-done-tool

Labels