Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error while running yxmd file in trial version

nivethitha
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

Am very new to Alteryx, i have installed the trial version and trying to work on weekly challenges that are posted in community. when i try to input yxmd file and run the workflow it throws an error.

Error: FileID does not match in the File Header.

How can we resolve this? Any help on this error is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nivethitha.

7 REPLIES 7
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

This appears that it is linked to a corrupt file. Check out this post: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Error-FileID-does-not-match-in-the-FileHeade....

I would advise you try and rewrite the file, if it is one you picked up from the community perhaps you can point us to it and we can take a look at the file.

Ben

nivethitha
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Ben,

Yes, I have taken the file from community. I took the data file for challenge 1, 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-1-Join-to-Range/m-p/36621#U36621

file name: challenge_1_start_file.yxmd

and while selecting this file in the input tool, there is no file type as .yxmd from the listed file format. so i selected Read it as a buit in type as .yxdb file and the ran the workflow. Could that be a reason?

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Arr I see.

Okay so a 'yxmd' file is an Alteryx workflow. The idea is that the inputs themselves are embedded within the workflow.

What you need to do is go to file, open and then navigate the file and press okay.

Alternatively simply double click it and Alteryx will open the workflow automatically. You will then see how Alteryx sets up the weekly challenges with 'text inputs'

Ben

nivethitha
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Ben, 

But I still face error while opening the workflow, it says "Invalid length for a Base-64 char array or string".  I have no idea where the problem is.

Nivethitha.

nivethitha
6 - Meteoroid

@BenMoss

@BenMoss

Thanks Ben, 

But I still face error while opening the workflow, it says "Invalid length for a Base-64 char array or string".  I have no idea where the problem is.

Nivethitha.

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@nivethitha At what point is this error occurring? Are you able to go to Help/Sample Workflows and open any of those workflows? What are your machine specs? Which version of Alteryx are you using? You can find the version you are on by select Help/About. I just tested the workflow and it opened fine for me in version 2018.1. You may also want to try and redownload as the error you are getting is not a common error. Just to confirm, you are going to file/Open Workflow/Browse and selecting challenge_1_start_file.yxmd.

Thanks

nivethitha
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Dan,

yes, am going to file/Open Workflow/Browse and selecting challenge_1_start_file.yxmd.

All Sample workflows from help opened. So, I deleted the existing workflow and downloaded the challenge_1_start_file.yxmd again and now am able to open it in Alteryx 2018.1.

Thanks for your help again.

Nivethitha

Labels