Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error while publishing the workflow to the gallery.

stj1120
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone

Can anyone help me out on the below issue?

I am getting the below error when I'm publishing a workflow to the Alteryx Gallery and it seems strange for me to fix it as in my workflow I'm not using D drive anywhere.

"D:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging\295832_ddec4d3aaf884b85809b14d809b3e37d\_externals\1\TableauServer.Selection.Projects.yxdb"

Also D drive is not present in my laptop as well.

The same workflow when I run from my Local Desktop it runs perfectly fine without any issues.

The macros folder is existed in the shared drive. I have copied and pasted the macros folder on my desktop and I'm referring to the local saved folder path.

Is this some issue related to Publish to Tableau Server Macro present on Alteryx Server or the folder am referring to??

I have even tried looking into Manage Workfloe assets present under the Workflow Options. There are multiple options regarding the files and tools used in the workflow. Also there are templorary files as well. Very few options are checked.  Few people suggested me I need to choose the right tool options here. 

It is very confusing. Don't understand. Please let me know the solution if you have come across this issue.

Thanks,
Teja.
2 REPLIES 2
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @stj1120 ,

The D drive that the error is talking about is the Server one. I think that the issue is most likely to the workflow trying to access to a relative path for the "TableauServer.Selection.Projects.yxdb".

Try to replace the relative path for the complete path, this may solve the issue.

(Would need to check it out but most likely this is giving the problem)

Regards

stj1120
8 - Asteroid

Hi @afv2688 

I actually tried by choosing All UNC option in Workflow dependencies and then in the User settings > Advanced > Checked Display Assest Management in Properties Window. But, no luck. 

The error is as below:

sreenivasateja_0-1612971193751.png

When I checked the tool numbers only tool 547 is present in the workflow which is Publish to Tableau server. 

By default, only Tableau server macro is checked in the Manage Workflow Assets under Workflow Options.  Then, I have checked all the required input files and the related macros in it. But again no luck. 

Please check and help.

Thanks,

Teja.

Labels