Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error when using Excel Legacy for output

Gabrielfeb
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Guys!

I'm using a solution in Alteryx Designer and the output is a MS Excel file with Excel (.xlsx) with Overwrite Sheet (Drop) selection.

I need to change it to MS Excel Legacy (.xlsx) format in order to allow the solution to use the Delete Data & Append so I can use the existing layout at the Excel file.

But I've encoutered several errors with the MS Access DB, the first one was referred as:

Error: Output Data (3): Error creating table "table_name": Microsoft Access Database Engine: Invalid precision for decimal data type.\3700 = -99878389
CREATE TABLE...

I've changed the data type from Fixed Decimal to Double and it didn't worked, it showed another error:

Error: Output Data (3): DataWrap2OleDb::SendBatch: Microsoft Access Database Engine: Operação OLE DB de várias etapas gerou erros. Verifique cada valor de status OLE DB. Nada foi executado.
Insert into `sheet_name`...

Note: My MS Office main language is PT-BR

I've reinstalled the MS Access 2010 (Version 14.0.7015.1000) 64 bits and it still didn't worked and showed up the same error.

Did anyone experienced the same or a similar issue? So far I didn't found a solution for it.

4 REPLIES 4
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

What's are the formats of the columns in Excel?

Does Alteryx correspond for each one?

Gabrielfeb
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Joe,

The Excel types are General and the origin files information are from a SQL Server Database.

The types from origin are V_String, V_WString, String, Int32, DateTime and FixedDecimal (or Double), the error only appears when using the Excel Legacy.

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Gabrielfeb 

Thanks for the info, could you try using all double instead of Fixed Decimal? 

I am wondering if the formatting differences between the two is causing the issue.

Failing that, would it be possible to upload your template and a data sample for me to test my side? Feel free to private message me if you don't want to share publicly.

Gabrielfeb
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Joe!

Found a solution at the Alteryx Community, I've followed the steps as this topic

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Output-legacy-Excel-files/td-p/8819

In some files it worked fine, in others I had to change the Decimal type to Double type and worked fine.

Thanks for your time and assistance! 

Labels