Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error when trying to use Python tool

JonathanMalloy
5 - Atom

Hi All, 

I am trying to use the python tool under the developer tab, and whenever I drag it onto the canvas, I get the following error: 

clipboard_image_0.png

I don't really know where to begin trying to solve this. I have upped my permissions on the server I am using to administrator in case it is some sort of permissions issue writing that Jupyter Server Log. I have also asked around my organization and found that only some people get this error, while some do not, although we have been unable to uncover any pattern between error and non-error users. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

3 REPLIES 3
LarryR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

If you go to Options->UserSettings

Then look at Default Temporary Directory.

Go to that directory. Delete jupyter_server.log

Try running again.

This is not a fix, I'm interested in seeing how things behave. (I'm very interested if you are going to be allowed to delete that file)

JonathanMalloy
5 - Atom

That did it, I found the file and was able to delete it with administrator privileges. I then re-opened Alteryx and dragged the tool onto the canvas and it worked. Thank you!

LarryR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

So... this isn't a real fix then. That is an unacceptable work flow.

Can you describe your set up? This was a server machine?

I suspect User A logged on, run the J-tool, created the log file, then logged off.

User B (you) comes along and tries to open the file and gets rejected because they aren't User A.

I'll need to fix this long term....

Labels