Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error when trying to close an Else IF Expression

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Hi Folks,  I know you will think it's easy but I can't figure it out...Error when trying to close an Else IF Expression  when I but the ENDIF (F) on the word, my nice formula 🙂 goes into malformed expression, all the "code text " goes black.

See attached, anyone know how I can resolve this?

Capture.PNGC1.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Karl_Spratt try removing the " from 0.6 and 0 numeric arguments do not need quotes.

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

Oh the pain in the amount of times I've made this mistake! The suggested solution has been my savior multiple times!

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @Karl_Spratt 

Try this.

1.  add a select tool before the formula tool to profile the Type and Size of your data.

Notice is the data is Text, Number, Byte etc., and change accordingly if just a few fields (run Multi-Field Tool if changing many fields).

2. Nest fields in ToString() or ToNumber() as appropriate to avoid malformed expressions.

If a field value is a number then nesting it in "" or '' (double or single quotations) will result in malformed argument

If a field value is a text then NOT nesting it in "" or '' (double or single) will result in malformed argument

Looks like [%Available] is a number - remove quotations

If still doesn't work then that implies [Future Stockout Cal] is also a number - remove quotations as well

Should be good-to-go

Alteryx IF arguments end in ENDIF

Cheers!

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Bingo genius thank you all C1.PNG

Labels