community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Error when Using Liner regression tool

Dear Experts I'm trying to Run liner regression tool but I got the following errors listed below:

Error: Linear Regression (3): Tool #4: Error in `contrasts<-`(`*tmp*`, value = contr.funs[1 + isOF[nn]]) :
Error: Linear Regression (3): Tool #4: Execution halted
Error: Linear Regression (3): Tool #107: Tool #51: The field "Fit_Stats" is not contained in the record.
Error: Linear Regression (3): Tool #4: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.
Error: Linear Regression (3): Tool #170: Error in (read.Alteryx("#1")$Object)[[1]] : subscript out of bounds
Error: Linear Regression (3): Tool #170: Execution halted
Error: Linear Regression (3): Tool #170: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

Attached the workflow and the Table

I'm including also the Table

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @MAAbdullahAlMubarah 

I'm not so sure how familiar you're with linear regression model, but I see you have fields with a very low density of unique values:

Capturar.PNG

This will throw an error in your model, since there is no variation of these variables, so it does not show any correlation with your target variable.

I strongly recommend you to use Data Investigation tools before running linear regression tool. You have to be sure your data fits to the minimum standards required by the model to work.

Cheers,

Thank you @Thableaus for your answer, I use it just to make sure if there is a relationship between (Val) field and the other fields including the categorical but not creating a prediction model, and now I get enough idea there is no relationship.

I want to know how I can find if there is a relationship between any (classified) target variable and another same type classified? and what do you mean by (Data Investigation tools)?

@MAAbdullahAlMubarah 

Data Investigation Tools are useful to analyze how your data looks like. It's a category of tools in Alteryx.

You could even use Association Analysis tool to see correlation between variables. It's very useful.

Cheers,

Labels