Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error when Using Liner regression tool on FIFA data

Digvijay_khasa
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to make some meaningful performance predictions by using the below-attached data, however, when I am running the Linear reg tool, I am receiving the following error.

Linear Regression (9)Tool #4: Error in `contrasts<-`(`*tmp*`, value = contr.funs[1 + isOF[nn]]) :
Linear Regression (9)Tool #4: Execution halted
Linear Regression (9)Tool #107: Tool #51: The field "Fit_Stats" is not contained in the record.
Linear Regression (9)Tool #4: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.
Linear Regression (9)Tool #170: Error in (read.Alteryx("#1")$Object)[[1]] : subscript out of bounds
Linear Regression (9)Tool #170: Execution halted
Linear Regression (9)Tool #170: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.
Designer x64Finished running in 11.1 seconds with 7 errors and 1 warning

Could you please help me if I am doing something wrong, or advise me on how to proceed with it?

Please find the data and workflow below.

Best,

Digvijay

1 REPLY 1
BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Digvijay_khasa, in your Linear Regression, you have set your target to "Predicted Potential" - instead, try using Potential as your Target variable - before doing so though - change the data type of Potential to an Integer, as follows:

BrianR_0-1604605820192.png

Then in your Linear Regression, set your Target variable to Potential - as follows:

BrianR_1-1604605937325.png

This will produce a working model for you...using your selected predictor variables, I'm getting an Adjusted R Squared of 0.93.

Labels