Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error using the Data Stream In tool(HTTP error 403 Forbidden)

HarryBott
5 - Atom

since 2022/08/02 I was trying to load data into the database using the Data Stream in tool. I have tried several times and always get the same error message 

Error: Data Stream In (19): Failed to retrieve upload redirect URL (hpccnp2.hpccn.ford.com:50070): HTTP Error 403: Forbidden - "Operation category WRITE is not supported in state standby. Visit https://s.apache.org/sbnn-error"

not sure if the issue is related to Alteryx configuration or others, previously I can always run it successfully.

Is there anyway to solve this error?

Thanks a lot in advane,

HarryBott_0-1659534558605.png

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I would check with one of your coworkers - It looks like maybe you are trying to write to a namenode in stand-by mode. Do you have a cluster on HA configuration? You will want to confirm that the namenode you are writing to is the active one in the request. 

HarryBott
5 - Atom

Sorry, can you give guide how to confirm if the name node is in standby mode. I did not do any change, and I will confirm with team if that is active or not.

thanks

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

This is a question related to Hadoop, not Alteryx. I would reach out to your Hadoop admin to check if the namenode is active and they should be able to look at the status in CDH manager. 

HarryBott
5 - Atom

Thanks Man. the issue is fixed just now after I re-do the configuration for the In-DB connection. 

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Excellent! Glad it worked out for you

Labels