Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error transferring data: Failure when receiving data from the peer

jcardoso
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

i've searched through the forum this error but i can't find a solution, as there's no proxy or firewall setting issues preventing this!

The files are created on the destination folder as expected but empty as on the print screen.
Might you have an explanation for this?

The download tool takes an ftp file path and a destination path as arguments as well as user and pass.

Using the download tool without the macro also returns the same error!

Thank you for any help,
Please!
Regards,

jcardoso_1-1617893376503.png

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @jcardoso 
Can you please upload a copy of your workflow as a sample of the file paths you are using?
There are a few posts about this in the community that could help. Please be aware that this is a generic error message, so some additional troubleshooting will be necessary.

Check out some of these posts to see if they can help!
Error transferring data: Failure when receiving data from the peer
Getting Download (5) Error transferring data: Failure when Download tool while doing SFTP SOLVED Download Fail - Proxy Authentication issue 

I hope this helps to get you started!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
jcardoso
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

i'm using a simple download tool on a batch macro, which is not working on this case, although the paths are correct, as the files are downloaded to the correct path, but with "0" size! So everything looks correct on the paths and access to the ftp/destination folder.

I'm using the same macro for other workflows and it works! 

Attaching the macro without the paths (sensitive data!)

If there would be any proxy or firewall issue would they be downloaded with 0 size? 

So it must be something else which we are unable to figure!

HELP please!
Thanks,

Labels