Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error transfering data: SSL connect error

Daniel_Figueredo
7 - Meteor

Hello all!

I'm using the Download tool to post my API and send some data as the last step of my workflow, but i'm getting the error "Error transfering data: SSL connect error" on the tool and I can't figure out as to why. 

Does anyone know what could it be?

6 REPLIES 6
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

It might be proxy related - see this thread:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/SSL-Connect-Error-in-2019-1/td-p/41459...

Updating to the latest version may resolve the issue

JustinBabbitt
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Daniel_Figueredo 

I recommend a chat with your IT folks on this. I had a similar experience trying to hit an API and the IT team found that some of the calls were getting dropped because of the way the outbound traffic was being handled. 

Best of luck! 

Justin 

Justin Babbitt
JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

We experienced this issue recently after upgrading from 2019 to 2020.3.

The cause was determined to be a computer policy issue.

The user registry policy had todays date whilst the machine had a different date (yesterdays).

shevshenko
7 - Meteor

Hello @JonathanAllenby seems I am getting similar Error, the thing is that in my Local I do not see any issue running the Macro basically I am extracting Data from our Survey system tool via an API but when I use the Jump server to run it I get the Error (I have to use a jump server because I have to write to a SQL table and my local do not have the permission to do so), so my question is if you have any specific info on what needs to be adjusted to resolve the SSL Error, below is high level overview of the Macro, basically Error occurs in the download tool:

shevshenko_0-1621182144893.png

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Hey @shevshenko - I'm afraid I don't I spent a long time researching this myself through various community posts and internet resources before the user I was working with resolved it with the information in my last post being the extent of the detail they offered. All I can provide myself information-wise is the summary I sent to them before they located their specific issue:

The cause of the "Error transferring data: SSL Connect Error" seems to be unique in every instance, apart from when upgrading from 2018.3 to later versions.

The only option we have available is to request that your IT department investigate first as usually the cause is found through an internal investigation into the certificates and proxy settings.
Following that investigation all we can do is contact Alteryx Support.
Here are two of the community articles with actual advice on the subject which may help guide your IT team:

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

If this happens after upgrading to v22.1 or later from previous versions then see also:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/API-Download-Tool-Error-transferring-d...

Labels