Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error running Win32Com with Alteryx

dpakapd
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have a Python program that uses Win32com.Client to extract emails from Outlook and then save attachments from the email.

This works perfectly well from my Alteryx designer when I use the Python module and enter my code.

However when I save this to my company's Alteryx server and try to execute it from there, I get an error that the task failed. The error is:

dpakapd_0-1660333590888.png

Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix this issue?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @dpakapd - Do you want to try Outlook 365 Tool instead?

This tool is officially supported and should be able to do a job for you: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/Outlook-365-Tool/ta-p/898140 

dpakapd
8 - Asteroid

@ArtApa :

Thanks for this suggestion. With the Outlook365 Tool, how can I update the category of an email after I download attachment from it?

My Python program currently updates the category of the email after it is done processing it.

Is this possible with the Outlook 365 Tool?

Thanks!

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@dpakapd - In the Options tab, you can select an action to take after procession emails. Options are Do nothing, Archive emails, Delete emails, Mark emails as read, and Move emails to folder. 

dpakapd
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot @ArtApa!

I wish this tool also had the option of setting the Mail Category. But this is much better than having to deal with that error :)

Labels