Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error "There Were No Output Files" in Simple Analytic App

Zephyrus
6 - Meteoroid

Trying to replicate the very simple analytic app in Help >> Tutorials >> Intro to Applications >> Understanding a Designer Application

However my replication keeps getting the error message "There Were No Output Files". 

Double-checked all settings I could find and they all look identical to those in the tutorial. 

This is driving me nuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! 

7 REPLIES 7
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Zephyrus 

You need to configure your Interface Designer tab.

This tab is located under the View menu.

Interacedesigner.PNG

Check the On Sucess - Show Results to User box. 

Also, the Results box as well.

Cheers,

Zephyrus
6 - Meteoroid

Trying to attached the .yxwz file but getting a "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type." error when trying to post. What is going wrong here?

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Zephyrus 

In your case it's the Browse (1) box.

Check it and you'll see the magic.

browse121.PNG

Cheers,

Zephyrus
6 - Meteoroid

Okay thanks this solved my problem. Follow up question: 

I was trying to attached the .yxwz file but kept getting an error that reads "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type." when trying to post. What is going wrong here?

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Zephyrus 

For some reason we can't upload apps (.yxwz extensions) in the Community.

The other way to go would be exporting the workflow. To do that go to Options > Export Workflow.

Cheers,

Zephyrus
6 - Meteoroid

Okay thanks.

Peggy
7 - Meteor

THANK YOU   THANK YOU  THANK YOU   Working on an app that has been driving me crazy.  I had this issue and have been searching for much more complex errors.  You may have saved my sanity. 

Labels