community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Error opening .yxmc file

When I try and open my .yxmc macro I get the following error message:

"There was an error opening [FILE PATH]: Unexpected end of file while parsing Name has occurred. Line 9244, position 10."

The macro was working fine yesterday and I haven't made significant changes so I'm not sure why this has happened. If anyone has experience of this happening before, and knows a fix, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I'm guessing the macro might be referencing a file that may have been moved, so even though the macro didn't change, something it references did.

If you open the macro in a text app (like Notepad, Textpad, Notepad++, etc...) and look at line 9244, position 10, I'm guessing that will contain the filename that it's having issues with.

That's very helpful, thank you! I think I've managed to track the problem down to a change in the schema of one of my input files. However, I'm not sure why this would stop the macro from opening rather than just throwing up an error message/warning once the macro is open - any ideas?

Thanks again

Josh

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

On that one, I'm not sure -- I too would expect it to open with an error message rather than not open. 

(Perhaps someone from Alteryx can weigh in....)

Labels