community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Community v19.6

Looks aren't everything... But the latest Community refresh looks darn good!

Learn More

Error opening .yxmc file

When I try and open my .yxmc macro I get the following error message:

"There was an error opening [FILE PATH]: Unexpected end of file while parsing Name has occurred. Line 9244, position 10."

The macro was working fine yesterday and I haven't made significant changes so I'm not sure why this has happened. If anyone has experience of this happening before, and knows a fix, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I'm guessing the macro might be referencing a file that may have been moved, so even though the macro didn't change, something it references did.

If you open the macro in a text app (like Notepad, Textpad, Notepad++, etc...) and look at line 9244, position 10, I'm guessing that will contain the filename that it's having issues with.

That's very helpful, thank you! I think I've managed to track the problem down to a change in the schema of one of my input files. However, I'm not sure why this would stop the macro from opening rather than just throwing up an error message/warning once the macro is open - any ideas?

Thanks again

Josh

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

On that one, I'm not sure -- I too would expect it to open with an error message rather than not open. 

(Perhaps someone from Alteryx can weigh in....)

Labels