Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error opening table: Microsoft Access Database Engine:

anbugans
8 - Asteroid

Hi ,

I am getting error as below. Please let me know if anyone has any solutions.

Dynamic Input (12) Error opening table: Microsoft Access Database Engine: The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. 

I have installed Microsoft drivers: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3  to support legacy excel format. 

16 REPLIES 16
Sharmila
7 - Meteor

Thank you.. It worked. But can you please explain what will the '$' make difference?

SydneyF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The $ indicates to Excel that you are specifying a sheet and not something else like a named range. The $ ensures that data gets written to the sheet. 

Sharmila
7 - Meteor

Good to know.. Thank you Sydney!

ah13303
5 - Atom

An absolutely huge thank you! I've been trying so many work arounds to try and pull in specific sheets from files whose complete filepaths are unknown e.g. 

Passing string variable to dynamic input

"C:\Placeholder\" +DateTimeFormat([InputDate],%y%m%d)+ "\Example *"

using * wildcard as the end of file name unknown (it uses an hour minute second timestamp which is the bane of my existence). Adding |||Targetsheet at the end didn't work but |||Targetsheet$ did! Will look into why later but for now I'm happy with a running workflow so thank you once again!

programmermeme2

kedar26
7 - Meteor

is there any way to add password and username as an argument to this string probably after thedollar sign eg:

C:/User/Database/my_accessdb.accdb|||Table1$user=kk&pwd=123

parisli
5 - Atom

Brilliant! 

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

I had the same error and it solved it for me too! Thank you sooooo much 

Labels