Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error opening path filename: no fields found csv file

TomCurran
6 - Meteoroid

I am having a strange issue with a csv that is downloaded from a SFTP server.

It is a csv file with | delimited.

If you open and save the file with Excel or Notepad Alteryx will be ok with the file, but straight from the SFTP server this is the error message:

Error opening path filename: no fields found csv file.

6 REPLIES 6
j_acon
9 - Comet

You get that error message when there are no contents in the File. I had No issues opening the file you uploaded.

Maybe your file is not completed downloaded when you try to open it with Alteryx. 

Screenshot.png

TomCurran
6 - Meteoroid

No, The file has completely download before I attempt to input

TomCurran
6 - Meteoroid

So another strange detail, if I download the file Test.csv from here, it works fine, it appears only directly from the SFTP to my PC does it have this error.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@TomCurran

I have a similar issue when inputting files from our FTP drive. My workaround is to input the file with no delimiters, then parse in a second step with a text to columns tool.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Hope that helps.

TomCurran
6 - Meteoroid

I am still not quite sure what the issue with the file is, when copied from the server to my drive, but I since created a workflow that downloads the file from the server and it does recognize the file.

aspain
6 - Meteoroid

I have just had this problem and found it occured when I checked "First Row Contains Field Names" and then set "Start Data Import on Line" to > 1 in the data input tool. 

Labels