Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error opening path filename: no fields found csv file

TomCurran
6 - Meteoroid

I am having a strange issue with a csv that is downloaded from a SFTP server.

It is a csv file with | delimited.

If you open and save the file with Excel or Notepad Alteryx will be ok with the file, but straight from the SFTP server this is the error message:

Error opening path filename: no fields found csv file.

6 REPLIES 6
j_acon
9 - Comet

You get that error message when there are no contents in the File. I had No issues opening the file you uploaded.

Maybe your file is not completed downloaded when you try to open it with Alteryx. 

Screenshot.png

TomCurran
6 - Meteoroid

No, The file has completely download before I attempt to input

TomCurran
6 - Meteoroid

So another strange detail, if I download the file Test.csv from here, it works fine, it appears only directly from the SFTP to my PC does it have this error.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@TomCurran

I have a similar issue when inputting files from our FTP drive. My workaround is to input the file with no delimiters, then parse in a second step with a text to columns tool.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Hope that helps.

TomCurran
6 - Meteoroid

I am still not quite sure what the issue with the file is, when copied from the server to my drive, but I since created a workflow that downloads the file from the server and it does recognize the file.

aspain
6 - Meteoroid

I have just had this problem and found it occured when I checked "First Row Contains Field Names" and then set "Start Data Import on Line" to > 1 in the data input tool. 

Labels