Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error on Reading in Multiple excel Tabs that have Different columns

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Im unable to read all excel sheets in my excel file. All the excel tabs have different columns here im getting some error, but i have to read the data on all excel sheets.

Please suggest, im getting below error messgae.

Error: Warning: Dynamic Input (13): The file "" has a different number of fields than the 1st file in the set and will be skipped

Thanks& Regards.

Niranjan

7 REPLIES 7
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @NiranjanK1 

I assume, you want to read all the columns (fields) irrespective of different total number of columns you have in different sheets.

Please find the attached macro, which will help you to read all the columns without any error.

Kindly let me know if you have further more questions!!!!

Note: The workflow used to achieve the solution is attached which can be downloaded to see how the solution works.

If you believe your problem has been resolved. Please mark helpful answers as a solution so that future users with the same problem can find them more easily!!!!

Many thanks

Shanker V

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@NiranjanK1 You should use the batch macro instead of the Dynamic Input tool if you are dealing with a different schema of data. The below post will give you an idea about how to use a batch macro to read data from different excel sheets and merge them into one

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

binuacs_0-1672607380484.png

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx
NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs Thank you it is working as expected. 

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@ShankerV  Thank you it is working as expected. 

ShankerV
17 - Castor

@NiranjanK1 

Happy new year... Glad that our solution helped...

Baz123
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binuacs 

You helped me again without trying.

Struggling with this issue and your workflow worked perfectly.

Thanks again!

Labels