Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance during the next 2-3 hours, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Error on Canada Street Geocoder

Highlighted
Meteoroid

I'm trying to geocode some Canadian addresses using the Street Geocoder. When I run my workflow I'm getting the error 'Unable to perform geocode. Could not load geocoder'. 

I have the TomTom Matchmaker Canada - Most Recent Vintage selected as the geocoder. If I select Tom Tom US as the geocoder I don't get the error...but the addresses don't geocode.

Any idea what could be causing the issue?

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jbone - So I was actually able to run the attached workflow without issue. I think you just need to reinstall the Matchmaker Canada geocoder.

Before you do that though - just to make sure it's a clean reinstall I would go into C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\DataSets\ExplorerCanada and delete the "TT_CA_2015_Q3.ini" file in there. Note that ProgramData is a hidden folder so you may need to enable the ability to view hidden files and folders in the Windows Control Panel first.

Once you've deleted that .ini file - go ahead and run the "DataInstall.exe" for Canada data. You'll only need to select the "TomTom Matchmaker Canada Q3 2015" under "Geocoder". You can leave everything else alone. Also be sure to select the "TomTom Matchmaker Canada Q3 2015" in the "uninstall" tab as well.

Let me know if that doesn't solve your issue!

Highlighted
Meteoroid

Issue resolved. 

Thanks Travis!

Labels