Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error on Append - Publish to Tableau Server

Tessa_Gable
7 - Meteor

Hi...

I have a workflow that needs to append weekly to the data source in Tableau Server.  I'm getting the following error

Tessa_Gable_0-1575299764892.png

I can create a new data source by running the workflow on desktop, but I can not append it.

Alteryx Desktop:  2019.3.2

Tableau Server:  2019.2.2

Publish to server Macro:  1.08.1 (?)

Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Tessa_Gable 

@Watsa had a similar if not exactly the same issue earlier this year.  Have a look at the link below:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Publish-to-Tableau-Server-Error-400011...

I am wondering if you do this, if it resolves your issue?

Tessa_Gable
7 - Meteor

The differences is we haven't updated the Tableau Server and I couldn't manually append either.

mse139
8 - Asteroid

We are experiencing a similar issue - but it only occurs on a single TDE file when appending.  It works fine with overwriting the entire data file.

We are running Tableau Server v2019.1 (dev) and v2019.2 (prod) on Linux and don't have the 'Run as' setting.  I am using v2.0 of the Publish to Tableau Server tool.

So far, I haven't been able to find any other information or solutions for the issue.  

Labels