Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error message

Pasty
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, is there anyone know how to deal with the error "the field schema for the output changed between iterations”? I have a macro to run through the entire file, every sheet is in the same format but somehow one sheet come up with this error message. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Check for a new field, a field name change, or a field data type changing.  Without seeing the workflow, it's difficult to tell where that change could have occurred.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@Pasty

Every sheet may look the same, but (especially with Excel) it's very easy to overlook that the schema of one of the sheets changed. It could be that a field name was altered unknowingly or that the import driver is classifying a field as a number when it was a text in the others. Whatever the case is, something is changing. If you don't want to go through the trouble if identifying that, you can adjust your properties of your macro (Interface Designer (CTRL+ALT+D)) and tell it to output the data by their name, essentially how a UNION tool works, which ignores schema variations.

image.png 

Hope this helps!

Best,

Jimmy

strikeone
5 - Atom

Be sure to inspect if the Auto Field tool is involved as well.

I ran into this error when running a Batch Macro. My field names all matched, but an Auto Field was at the end of my Macro, thus constraining the types/length of data that were attempting to Union and throwing the error.

ca_sravani
5 - Atom

It worked for me for the first time. and the macro ran successfully without errors. again on the next day, same error is coming. 

rasmuky
5 - Atom

I don't have the option to "auto configure by name" in my current Alteryx (2019.4.8.22007). Was this capability removed or relocated?

rasmuky_0-1586891938271.png

I think it would work well for my current issue as it appears VString default length and a few column data types vary between a standard file type I pull from my company's internal system. Column order and column name is consistent throughout, so the by name override should work if I could find it. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @rasmuky 

Those options only show if your macro type is either iterative or batch.

You didn’t supply much details to the issue you’re trying to solve for so can’t offer any suggestions, unfortunately.

I’d recommend submitting a new post on this board to ensure people see it as posting your question in an existing post may not get visibility.

SammyH
5 - Atom

Thanks! This was the reason for me. The Append fields node added a Field1. Once unchecked it worked finally!!

Labels