Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error message fail in listrunner

patrikfrid
8 - Asteroid

Hi,
I getting error in listrunner, it's saying fail.
I have the path to the flow but is there anything I have missed ?001.png002.png

7 REPLIES 7
andyuttley
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

hi @patrikfrid 

It looks like it's successfully running the workflow, it's the workflow itself that is failing. You can look in the [Log] field in your second screenshot for more details. Or you can use the Log Parse tool (also a CReW macro) after your runner to parse out what's going on.

Does the workflow itself run ok when you run it as a stand alone workflow? 

Andy  

patrikfrid
8 - Asteroid

Hi @andyuttley,

yes, listrunner generate the files and i have some conversion warnings in the ordinary workflow.

Thanks for letting me know, I will check up the warnings.

patrikfrid
8 - Asteroid

Found out that I had convertion errors and they did so listrunner said "failed", I have corrected the convertion errors and it's successfull now.

andyuttley
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Good stuff - glad to hear it! 

williamdilley
6 - Meteoroid

I am having the same issue, but my individual workflows run fine and I have no errors, conv errors or warnings but the list runner shows a "Result" of "Fail" when completing.  Can you advise?

Thanks,

Bill

error.PNG

johand_erst
7 - Meteor

hi @andyuttley ,

how can you tell it 'looks like it's successfully running the workflow, it's the workflow itself that is failing'?

and why did you ask 'Does the workflow itself run ok when you run it as a stand alone workflow? '

I have a related issue, that perhaps you might have some advice on how to solve: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/solve-why-workflow-fails-in-List-Runne...

thanks!

Labels