Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error in redshift database connection: "No Columns Returned"

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hello,

I am trying to upload data coming from 'csv' files into an existing SQL table, but I am getting the following error:

Error: Output Data (30): Error opening "SELECT [field names]": No Columns Returned

This error happens no matter the output options I use (e.g.: Update, Append, etc.), and it only happens when I select an existing table. In the case I select 'Create New Table' (and type a different table name than the one that already exists), there is no problem.

The only difference between my SQL table and the Alteryx output is that the SQL table has an IDENTITY field (incremental record counter) and I already have defined the primary key (composed of two of the fields).

I know that the connection to the DB is working fine since I can create new tables, but what I want to do is read 'csv' files and upload them into my existing table.

Attached is an image of the Output tool properties (Output details.jpg).

Appreciate your help and let me know if you need any additional information to help me troubleshot this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Inactive User 

It looks like your attachment is missing.  Can you also post the configuration of your output tool?

Dan

Inactive User
Not applicable

Sure .@danilang, below is the output configuration screen (my attachment was this image).

Output details.JPG

Inactive User
Not applicable

Found my error, and just posting for reference in case anybody experience the same thing.

The issue was that my data file had duplicated records on my two key fields, and since I selected 'Update; Insert if New' thought that Alteryx will handle the duplication when sending the data to SQL. 

The solution was to remove duplicates before sending the data to SQL using the 'Unique' tool.

Thanks,

Manto

Labels