Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error in redshift database connection: "No Columns Returned"

susanb
5 - Atom

So my database connection recently started throwing an error once I upgraded to the new version of Alteryx (2018.4.5). It was working fine before I upgraded, and I haven't made any changes to the driver settings. When I go into the Visual Query Builder it shows all the available tables and columns and works like normal, but as soon as I try to run I get this error:

Error: Input Data (1): Error opening "SELECT SRID FROM GEOMETRY_COLUMNS WHERE F_TABLE_NAME = 'fake_name'": No Columns Returned.

Not sure why it's saying that when it shows plenty of columns available in in query builder. Shows the same thing whether I try to pull specific columns or just select * from an entire table. Anyone run into this before?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
EricWe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @susanb

I am posting the resolution we found for others who may have the same issue. It was resolved with using a newer driver downloaded from: Redshift driver

swadson
7 - Meteor

Hi,  

Is there any documentation related to PostgresSQL driver? I have the same problem. I am able to establish connection, but when I run I get the above mentioned error.

ShrikantPatil
7 - Meteor

Were you able to find any solution to Postgresql connection issue?

Thanks,

Shrikant

EricWe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ShrikantPatil  and @swadson

Please see this Community post, where changing from an ANSI driver to a Unicode driver resolved the issue: Postgresql No Columns error.  

ShrikantPatil
7 - Meteor

Hi @EricWe thank you for the note, however it didnt help in our case. After spending some time with Alteryx support we found out its an issue related to version of the Postgresql (Aurora) and the Alteryx version. Same connection works fine from version 2021.3 but not in the 2022.1 Alteryx support identified that some changes were made to the code after 2021.4 version. We ended up setting a temporary environment with version 2021.4 for the teams which are impacted by this issue and waiting for Alteryx to release a hotfix.

Labels