Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error in output to a TDE file

yikl
7 - Meteor

Hi all

I am quite new to Alteryx. 

I want to output data to a tde file.  To test it, I have created a simple text input and output directly to a tde on my local machine.  But I encounter a "network error".  I have Tableau 2018.1 installed on my machine but is there is any prerequisite before I can output a tde file.  I also create output to .hyper and no error is reported.Capture.PNG

I have searched the forum for an answer but I can't find one.  So hope the experts here can shed some lights.

4 REPLIES 4
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @yikl

Having Tableau installed or not is kinda irrelevant in this situation, because the .TDE is just a data file as any other.

I ran the workflow in my machine with the relative paths applied and it worked fine.

One question: where are you actually outputting this .TDE file? Is it a network path? Or is it local?

Cheers,

yikl
7 - Meteor
Hi Thableaus

I run the flow locally

Yikl
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@yikl

Hmm, I still think it is a path related error.

Have you tried saving to different paths? 

Try a simple one like your Desktop - be sure to make it an absolute path, not a relative one.

Cheers,

yikl
7 - Meteor

Thanks Thabeaus

I figure the reason.  It's a permission settings..  I need to run the program as administrator in order to generate the tde file.  

yikl

Labels