Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error in min function in summarize

Amit
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

My input data looks like this:

Input.PNG

Here, we can see that the output should choose record number 1,4,6,7 as the output

But, the output that I am getting is:

Output.PNG

For each SKU Input the correct MAPE value is taken but the corresponding model name is ARIMA everywhere instead it should be ETS for the first and last

Am I doing something wrong in the way I am using the summarize tool?

4 REPLIES 4
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You need to do this in two steps.

First find the Min MAPE for each SKU and then use a join tool to join back to the input to select the Model with the same MAPE and SKU.

In its current form the summarise pick the minimum sting (hence ARIMA) for each SKU.

jack_morgan
9 - Comet

Morning Amit!

So expand on the post above, Min/Max on text (sting, vsting, wstring, etc.) looks for the min or max value based on alpha. Arima has a lower letter than ETS, thus Arima was selected every time. If you want to get your MIN MAPE and still have the detial of each line, you would need to run a separate data stream to get your MIN and then Join on the SKU and MIN_MAPE to the original data source (your table in this case). Results that come out of the join are those that you are looking for. I've attached a very basic workflow to help demonstrate what you need to do to get your desired result.

Jack

jack_morgan
9 - Comet

I thought of another method which would be to use the sort and unique tool. Sort by the criteria that would place your desired record at the top and then use the uniqe tool for the sku only.

See attached file (it has both potential workflows and the same result; 1,4,6,7).

Best of luck!

Amit
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much for your response guys, finally I understood why it was showing ARIMA all the time :)

Labels