cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Error in linear regression: The field Fit_Stats is not contained in the record

Highlighted
Meteoroid

Hey, I'm using Alteryx in my Udacity Nanodegree and came across an error that I spent several days trying to fix.

This main topic about this very issue didn't resolve for me since it claimed the field type was the problem.

So, I have my target variable and 3 other fields to be the predictor. 2 of them are integer numbers and one of them is string and has 3 classes (Retail, Services and Manufacturing). I expected it to simply apply categoric variables to it and be done with it.

But no matter what I tried, I always got the same error.

I tried applying a number to each category and using this field instead of the string field, I tried not using the third field at all, and I tried changing the field type with the select tool. Always the same problem.

If it helps, I had a strange connection problem just after Alteryx loaded, but it was solved by me deactivating McAfee before opening it.

Prints:

Screenshot 2018-10-15 22.43.37.png

Screenshot 2018-10-15 22.43.52.png

Thanks very much!

File: 

Hi,

First of all, it is a good idea to either have the data in the workflow as a text input or then export the whole workflow with the data (see attached picture) to ensure that whoever opens it can run the workflow.
image.png
Luckily I had access to the same data set, so I was able to try and run the same problem.

Not so luckily, my model ran just fine with no errors (see attached workflow). If you run the workflow I've attached, do you still get the same problem?

-Joona

Meteoroid

Hey Joona!

Thanks for the answer and for the export workflow tip, I kinda thought it would go along...

And wow! Even with your workflow I've got the same error.

I'll try to reinstall meanwhile.

I read in another post about this same issue someone mentioning installing the "haven" package with the R tool. Do you know something about it?

Thanks very much!

You have installed the predictive tools? If that does not help, try selecting a spot on your canvas, clicking at the workflow properties and enabling "all macro messages", running the workflow again and pasting the result here:

2015-11-19_13-16-49.jpg

Meteoroid

The thing I did was to select the version with predictive tools instead of without, in one of the installation steps.

Here are the macro messages:

Info: Linear Regression (2): Tool #130: 20 records were joined with 0 un-joined left records and 0 un-joined right records
Info: Linear Regression (2): Tool #107: Tool #34: 0 records were True and 0 were False
Info: Linear Regression (2): Tool #107: Tool #36: 0 records were True and 0 were False
Info: Linear Regression (2): Tool #107: Tool #37: 0 records were True and 0 were False
Info: Linear Regression (2): Tool #107: Tool #38: 0 records were True and 0 were False
Info: Linear Regression (2): Tool #107: Tool #42: 0 records were True and 0 were False
Error: Linear Regression (2): Tool #107: Tool #51: The field "Fit_Stats" is not contained in the record.
Info: Linear Regression (2): Tool #107: Tool #98: 0 records were joined with 0 un-joined left records and 0 un-joined right records
Info: Linear Regression (2): Tool #107: Tool #44: 0 records were True and 0 were False
Info: Linear Regression (2): Tool #107: Tool #52: 0 records were joined with 0 un-joined left records and 0 un-joined right records
Info: Linear Regression (2): Tool #108: Tool #61: 0 records were True and 0 were False
Info: Linear Regression (2): Tool #108: Tool #62: 0 records were True and 0 were False
Info: Linear Regression (2): Tool #108: Tool #67: 1 records were output
Error: Linear Regression (2): Tool #4: AlteryxProcessManager::Start: Timed out in ConnectNamedPipe after 5000 milliseconds
Warning: Linear Regression (2): Tool #171: There were no records present in the source
Error: Linear Regression (2): Tool #170: AlteryxProcessManager::Start: Timed out in ConnectNamedPipe after 5000 milliseconds

Meteoroid

Reinstalled Alteryx Non Admin, version 2018.3.5.52487 with R Predictive Packages of the same version. 

Got the very same errors. Tried installing Admin version but couldn't.

I don't know what else to do.

Hi,

the start of my log looks quite different from yours:

Linear Regression (6) Tool #4: GEOS runtime version: 3.5.0-CAPI-1.9.0 r4084
Linear Regression (6) Tool #4: Linking to sp version: 1.2-3
Linear Regression (6) Tool #4: Polygon checking: TRUE
Linear Regression (6) The incoming data may not have enough rows to generate a model successfully.
Linear Regression (6) Tool #4: Loading required namespace: car
Linear Regression (6) Tool #4: In if (the.column[[1]][[1]] == "POINT EMPTY") return(3) :
Linear Regression (6) Tool #4: the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used
Linear Regression (6) Tool #107: Tool #34: 5 records were True and 14 were False
Linear Regression (6) Tool #107: Tool #36: 1 records were True and 18 were False
Linear Regression (6) Tool #107: Tool #37: 1 records were True and 18 were False
Linear Regression (6) Tool #107: Tool #38: 1 records were True and 18 were False
Linear Regression (6) Tool #107: Tool #42: 3 records were True and 16 were False
Linear Regression (6) Tool #107: Tool #98: 1 records were joined with 0 un-joined left records and 0 un-joined right records

Unfortunately I don't think I can help more than this. Are you in a corporate environment with restrictions on user rights? I presume it might have something to do with either environment variables in Windows, or problems with the R installation. I had a similar error once with logistic regression, but that was related to a wrong data type. Because you used the same workflow as I did, I think this problem is under the hood. Hopefully someone from Alteryx will read this and can help.

Meteoroid

Hey, Joona!

Thanks very much for your effort! I also think it has something to do with my system and the way alteryx has access to some files. Could also be in the installation or McAfee... Let's hope someone from alteryx shows up.

Thanks again!

Labels