Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error in installing packages on the R tool in Alteryx

Aravind_07
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have the Alteryx designer 2020.2 x64 and Alteryx Predictive tools with R 3.6.3(correct version for the designer).

Im trying to install some of the packages for my analysis and getting the following error

I have ran the Alteryx designer and the WF with admin privileges and I have used the correct Alteryx R library path to install these packages.

Error: R (2): Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]) 

Execution halted.

Error 1.pngError 2.png

cond.install <- function(package.name){
options(repos = "http://cran.rstudio.com")
if(package.name%in%rownames(installed.packages())==FALSE) {
install.packages(package.name,lib="C:\\Program Files\\Alteryx\\R-3.6.3\\library")}else{require(package.name, character.only = TRUE)}}

cond.install("xlsx")
cond.install("tidyverse")
cond.install("tibbletime")
cond.install("anomalize")
cond.install("timetk")
cond.install("dplyr")
cond.install("fpp3")
cond.install("openxlsx")
cond.install("lubridate")
cond.install("tibble")
cond.install("norm")
cond.install("data.table")
library("tidyverse")
library("data.table")
library("tibbletime")
library("dplyr")
library("timetk")
library("anomalize")
library("lubridate")
library("openxlsx")
library("tibble")
library("norm")
library("ggplot2")

Could someone please help me how to rectify this issue as im stuck with this

Thank you,

Aravind

1 REPLY 1
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

when that happens to me (and it often does; and I find little to no support from Alteryx when it comes to R), I try installing straight from the R.exe in the Alteryx R folder (C:\Program Files\Alteryx\R-3.6.3\bin\R.exe) with the install.packages command.  So far it's solved these errors.  Don't ask me why.

Labels