Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error in input tool while running the app

Priyam
5 - Atom

I have created a simple app. Basically, it inputs 4 excel files and outputs them into SQL tables. It works fine when I select all the 4 inputs. I am trying to add another feature which is that even if I select 1 file then it should run without giving any error. Can you suggest how it can be done?

Currently it throws an error like : 

• The Action "Tool #4" has an error: The file name is empty.

Image.png

7 REPLIES 7
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can nest the File Browses under Check Boxes and set the check box to Collapse Group when Deselected.  This will turn off the input.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Priyam,

Try this:  Put your logic for the input file into a container.  Use an action to update the ENABLE/DISABLE button with:  IIF(isempty([#1]),'True','False').

If someone doesn't give you an input file, you can disable the container.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Priyam
5 - Atom

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I was able to implement the solution.

Best,

Priyam

Priyam
5 - Atom

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I was able to implement the solution to this.

Best,

Priyam

mmenth
11 - Bolide

One additional thing I noticed when trying to get this to work-- The files that are being shut off by the disabled tool container must have the required box unchecked (see screenshot) in the configuration. I was getting an error until I toggled this!

av46
5 - Atom

Hi Stephen,

I am still getting the error file is empty. This is how I have nested the boxes. Could you let me know what I am doing wrong? Thanks Anita

av46_0-1583348963000.png

maazinh
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for this! Was what I needed to do for it to work

Labels