Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error in gallery to connect with data source

ashiques
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I created an app which take input from SQL server through Connect In-DB tool. The connecion name is "ABcProd". The app is running fine on my local machine but when I try to upload it in gallery and gallery is in differenct server, So I get an error of :- The job Report did not complete successfully and resulted in the following errors:

• Unable to find connection "abcprod" (Tool Id: 468)

Can anyone help me on that. My technical team created the same connection name in  System DSN in server, but still I get the same error.

11 REPLIES 11
jgo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ashiques,

The first thing that comes to mind is that your IT may have created a connection within the ODBC manager and named the DSN "abcprod". If that's the case, that won't completely satisfy the need of scheduling the workflow.

They will need to create a System In-DB connection (same name as how you have it on yours) within Alteryx Designer on the server. The rest of the options, they can configure in whatever way needed for it to work in the Server, but those 2 items highlighted below are a MUST.

2017-01-18_10-37-42.jpg

Hope this helps!

ashiques
8 - Asteroid

Hi @jgo,

Thanks I am able to run the App on gallery with database connection,

But Now I am facing a new problem.

I put the app output to a Excel template with formatting and color in BOX folder.

I gave the path of it in App as "F:\Analytics_box_sync\Box Sync\APP Outputs\Report.xlsx|Customer",

But the App automatically changes its path to "_externals\1\Report.xlsx|Customer"

What would I do Know, Should I remove space from path or any thing else. Why it is changing the path.

The new ouput comes without formatting and BOX folder is not get updated.

jgo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ashiques,

Thank you for accepting my response as your solution. 

In regards to your new problem, the reason why it's not working is because, unlike on your own computer, the Alteryx Server does not have the directory "F:\Analytics_box_sync\Box Sync\APP Outputs\" or even an "F" drive for that matter.

One option is that you can enable network file sharing of that directory (you may need your desktop support to assist) and give read/write access to the Alteryx Server. Additionally you will need to use the fully qualified UNC path (e.g. "\\computer\folder\subfolder\file") to that directory instead of the mapped drive location. The server has no idea what "F" refers to, but by supplying it with a network path, it can attempt to output to that network location.

Once the file is outputted, then the Box Sync app that's on your computer should send it up to Box.

Second option, but a more complex one, is to develop an Alteryx macro that will output a file to Box directly utilizing their API service using our Download tool to send the API requests.

Hope this helps!

ashiques
8 - Asteroid

HI @jgo ,

I am able to get the file from BOX in server with same folder. Path for BOX input in server is : F:\Analytics_box_sync\Box Sync\DDO.xlsx.

But I am not able to write the output.

For the Input file the app gave error that unable to find the path but for the output tool I get error of Cannot access the folder F:\Analytics_box_sync\Box Sync\APP Outputs\Report.xlsx|Customer

why I am getting these error and when I try to save this into the gallery the output tool path is automatically get changed to _externals\1\Report.xlsx|Customer

jgo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ashiques,

Those error messages are common when the server does not have those same directories in it's environment. It's important to note that a workflow that runs fine on your local machine may not be properly configured to run on another environment, i.e. Server.

If I may recommend, please contact our Customer Support Team so that they may review your workflow and the errors you're receiving and, hopefully, pinpoint the issue and suggest how to correct.

ashiques
8 - Asteroid

Hi @jgo ,

I was able to remove the error of external file by taking help from this link.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/knowledgebase/article-id/1307

But now I get a new error. cannot access the Folder. How to get rid of this .

StephanieVH
5 - Atom

Good Day

My In-DB Connection does not have type "System". I have googled and do not understand why. I am a designer and save to my company's gallery. is the problem because my system settings are set to designer and not worker/controller?

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @StephanieVH,

Try running Alteryx as an administrator by right clicking and choosing 'run as administrator.' After doing so, you should have the system option.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
StephanieVH
5 - Atom

Thank You Jessica.  simple solution hehe

Labels