Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error in extracting output in Excel (xlsx)

Sasthana25
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, 

I am working on a use case where I am reading multiple csv files with different schemas using macros.

Ex. Type A has 22 files with same schema
      Type B has 22 files with same schema

I would like to export all the 44 files into 44 sheets in a single excel file, where the file name has to be shown as sheet name in excel. I am able to achieve the scenario using macros and am able to successfully run the alteryx workflow as well. But when I try to open the consolidated excel file. I get the following error: 

" We found a problem with some content in 'Output2.xlsx'. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes."

Any help/suggestion/solution is much appreciated. 

Thanks,
Swati

1 REPLY 1
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hey @Sasthana25 

This is a common issue with excel outputs, especially if you are writing to an existing file. While your workflow will run successfully with no errors, the problem occurs when opening said excel file. The bad news is that there isn't really a way to fix this by altering your workflow. This post talks more about this issue and has some advice on how to fix it. 

Hope that helps. 

Cheers!

Phil

Labels