Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error in Stepwise with Linear Regression

dataguy
7 - Meteor

I am running a linear regression 1.0 and then routing the output of linear regression into the stepwise regression. However, when I change the target variable from margin to revenue then I am getting the attached error. The regression works fine when I am using margin as the target variable.

I have checked to ensure that there are no blank values in revenue. I would really appreciate your help in this matter.

3 REPLIES 3
suli
9 - Comet

Hi @dataguy,

It may be difficult to help with so few information. Did you check if the output of linear regression is correct before it gets an error? Also you may try to sample data to find out if some specific row causes an error.

What field types are Revenue and Margin? are they the same?

Do you consider to attach sample of your data?

dataguy
7 - Meteor

The output of linear regression is correct. I have used some filters to sample the data with no luck. They field type is same namely double. I cannot attach the data here as it is sensitive. 

P.S. My apologies for the delayed reply as I did not get an email that a reply was posted. 

dataguy
7 - Meteor

The problem was with the missing data in one of the columns. I was able to resolve it.

Labels