Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error in Distribution Analysis Tool

maironchaves
7 - Meteor

Hello

I would like to report an error in the Distribution Analysis tool, the critical value for the normality tests appear, but the value p does not change, it stays fixed regardless of the variable being tested

3 REPLIES 3
maironchaves
7 - Meteor

???

SydneyF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @maironchaves

Thank you for posting!

Are you referring to the Significance Statistics that include &lt and &gt in their reported value? 

2017-12-22_12-30-24.png

If so, this might be expected behavior you are experiencing. < and > refer to less than and greater than, respectively. So if the significance meets a threshold that is greater than 0.15 or less than 0.01 or 0.005, those less than and greater than values will always be what is reported.

If this is not the behavior you are referring to, please share some screenshots, or a workflow with data that would allow us to reproduce the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks!

SydneyF - Customer Support Engineer

maironchaves
7 - Meteor

I understood, thanks for the reply.

However it is not intuitive to analyze in this way, I will create my own macro using R and forward to users to take the test of normality.

Thanks

Labels