Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error generating .xls file : Database or object is read-only

VPrabha
5 - Atom

Hi I have a workflow with the output tool configured to generate an .xls file.  The workflow works fine on local machine, but throws an error when run though the report processor / scheduler. 

Error message : "Alteryx tranformation error: Error opening connect string: Microsoft JET Database Engine: Cannot update.  Database or object is read-only".

Appreciate any input. 

3 REPLIES 3
dataMack
12 - Quasar

Is MS Office installed on the machine you are running it on?  I'm assuming that is where the MS JET engine would come from

VPrabha
5 - Atom

Yes it is installed.  There is another workflow that generates an excel file as an output, that has been in production for quite some time and is running without issues.  

But for some reason I get this error on the current workflow I am working on.  When run from the report processor on the server it could not create an .xlsx or .xls file,

When I run this same workflow on my local machine, it does create the excel file.  Even then however,  if the output widget is configured to create an .xls file it generates and opens without error. If I configure it to create an .xlsx file, it generates the file but errors out when I try to open it. 

VPrabha
5 - Atom

The issue is fixed.  I had one field with data type V_WString set to a very high char limit.  Once I reduced it, it worked.

Labels