Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Register for the upcoming Live Community Q&A Session - and don't forget to submit your questions for @DeanS regarding the future role of analytics here.

Error encountered while transfering data from one DB to another on Redshift

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi John,

I'm pretty sure this error comes from Redshift, but reading again the Word document, I realized that you're using the Input data Tool.

Have you tried the In Database tool to get the data? This could give a further look on Redshift's responses.

I understand that the only thing the workflow is doing is joining to queries and saving the results, right?

If you provide more detail on the workflow, maybe we can help to solve this.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

@aguisande

Good suggestion regarding the "Connect In-DB" tool.

I'm trying to help the user...but yes, there are 2 simple queries pulling from Redshift...a simple join with an output of 3 columns...outputting to a Redshift table.

If the "Connect In-DB" and the "Data Stream Out" tools (replacing the "Input Data" tool) work successfully, then we can say it was 'an Alteryx workflow issue" the whole time, right?

Thanks!

John

Highlighted

Since both tables are in Redshift, why don't use the Join In DB too?

No need to pull all data to the local computer/server.

Not sure if it's an Alteryx issue yet.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @aguisande

Good suggestion...

In this case, the user is using a "left inner join" for the source of her output, and I see that the "Join In-DB" doesn't have that option.

I'll let you know how it comes out once she makes the change using the "Connect In-DB" tool we discussed previously.

Thanks for all your help!

John

Labels