Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error connecting to Alteryx Server database connections

Ian_Johnson
7 - Meteor

Hi,  I have started to have issues when trying to connect to the database connections that have been set up on the Alteryx server.

When I select to manage the connections, none are showing and the only option I have is to manage.  when selecting manage I am presented with an error "An unhandled Exception occurred.  A previous action may not have completed successfully"

I have fully restarted my laptop which has not helped.

I am still able to upload and download to our server.

Does anyone have any ideas before IT support rebuild my laptop.  I am on version 11.5.1

Thanks

Ian

3 REPLIES 3
krysten
7 - Meteor

Have you tried connecting to those databases in other applications? Have you checked your ODBC manager on your computer for connection setup? If you are able to connect/modify these, then it is an Alteryx issue. I can't imagine that rebuilding your whole laptop is not short of an extreme solution to this issue. You might shoot an email to Alteryx support (support@alteryx.com) and see if they can trouble shoot that for you. I would say this is an Alteryx engine issue and not a computer issue. 

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
@Ian_Johnson  Most likely, something has become corrupted in the file C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine\GalleryAlias.xml (where <username> is your username on your machine.  (AppData is a hidden directory, so you may need to type or paste the path into File Explorer or set File Explorer from the View tab to show Hidden items.)  Delete that file, then restart your computer.
Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
Ian_Johnson
7 - Meteor

Yes yes yes yes.........Thank you for this.  All fixed and I can now access my data connections that are held on the server again.

Thank you for your help with this

Labels