Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error Writing a Hyper File for Tableau

Link86
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I haven't had much luck getting this fixed with google. I am running 2020.4 and am trying to write to a hyper file for Tableau on my local drive.

I am getting the following error: Error: Output Data (145): could not translate host name "//./pipe/11285BA8-5476-476F-8A5A-C926C16E4710" to address: Unknown host

I am able to write excel files no problem to that same location within the workflow. My hyper file output settings is set to overwrite if the file exists otherwise create the file.

A little backstory, IT accidently started a downgrade to 2020.2 (that was canceled) on Monday. I only mention this because it worked just fine up until that point. Any advice on how to proceed would be great.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Link86 

With the IT issue you encountered, have you checked your connections to make sure they are all pointing to the correct locations?

You may also want to re-download the tableau tools to make sure that they are aligned still with the correct version.

If the issue still persists, I would recommend opening a ticket with support for assistance!
Thanks,

TrevorS

Community Moderator
Labels