Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error While Installing Big query input tool v2.0.1 on Alteryx V2020.3

harshal98
8 - Asteroid

Trying to install Big query Input tools v2.0.1 on Alteryx Version 2020.3

When trying to install i am getting this error attached below.

Please help me how can i overcome this error to use big query Input Tool.

Error MessageError Message

12 REPLIES 12
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@harshal98 what version of Designer are you installing this into?

harshal98
8 - Asteroid

@RishiK 2020.3.7

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@harshal98 can you raise a Support ticket on this by emailing support@alteryx.com.

I believe this seems to work with 2020.2 and 2020.4 so might be a compatibility issue with 2020.3.

harshal98
8 - Asteroid

@RishiK  Thanks Man....Have Done the same.

The installation is working fine on 2020.2 and 2020.4 ... you sure about this?

So i can try downloading the same if no walkaround!

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@harshal98 I tried the tool with 20.2 and 20.4 and it works fine for me on this end. If you can upgrade to 20.4 and download the tool and reinstall - it should work. In parallel, raise the ticket with Support also for your 20.3 issue.

harshal98
8 - Asteroid

@RishiK Thanks for your Assistance.

It Works well with 2020.2 and 2020.4 as you said.

For 2020.3 PFB YXI File

(Received from Alteryx Support)

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks @harshal98 if you can mark the above as a "solution" then it will be helpful to others searching for the similar.

NeilJ1
5 - Atom

Brilliant, thanks for this! We've had a bit of a saga this week in trying to get virtually the same thing working and seeing exactly the same error. I tried rolling back to 2020.2 as suggested (we've already found a problem with the CReW List Runner in 2020.4 so that wasn't an option) but found I was still getting exactly the same cryptography error as I was seeing on 2020.3.

As a last throw of the dice before raising a support call I tried installing the YXI file provided to Harshal by Alteryx Support for 2020.3 and it's done the trick!

So if you happen to hit this error on 2020.2 then it's worth knowing this fix will also work on that version...

SabrinaCB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This issue is being investigated by Alteryx Product and Engineering teams.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might be causing on earlier versions than Designer 2020.4.

One work-around that has been helping is adding "cryptography==2.9.2" to the requirements.txt file of the Connector tool.
Please note this can also affect other Python-based Connectors other than BigQuery, like DynamicsCRM and ADLS.

The requirements.txt file can be found in the tool folder and edited with notepad. If you encounter any issues with this please do contact Alteryx Support, we are happy to help.

reqs.png

Thanks,

Sabrina

Sabrina Blanck
Sr. Customer Support Engineer – Connectors SME
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels