Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error When Adding Map Input Tool

justinihil
7 - Meteor

When I put a Map Input tool to the canvas I get an error saying, "A previous action may not have completed successfully."

If I just click OK, another error pops up saying that "AlteryxService_Client.Net.AlteryxServiceException: Timed out waiting for service to start." (See screenshot for more details)

I am using the 2022.3 version

15 REPLIES 15
JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Since a solution hasn't been posted yet, I'm commented to say I'm seeing the same issue with a customer after upgrading to 2022.1.

Feel free to chase me for an update in the future.

JonathanAllenby_0-1674574069006.png

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Have found a fix! 

It's apparently due to corruption / incorrect generation of a file called RuntimeSettings.xml, found in C:/ProgramData/Alteryx.

Just rename this file (to any other name) and restart Alteryx.

Alteryx will re-generate this file upon booting and Map Input should work.

FinnCharlton_0-1674575663823.png

FinnCharlton_1-1674575675501.png

I won't take any credit for this fix, I found it here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/AlteryxServiceException-when-running-t...

justinihil
7 - Meteor

@FinnCharlton Perfect! Thanks for sharing this!

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Came here to share this. ^

Can confirm it worked for me.

meredithm
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you! This solved the issue for me!

nicoleshines
5 - Atom

Thank you! I had this issue for a while, and I accidentally dropped by this page to resolve this issue finally! Yes, it worked for me too.

Labels