Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error - ToolId 123: The file "C:\Alteryx Process\Output_New.hyper

sk1909
8 - Asteroid

Alteryx refuses to overwrite an existing .hyper file.  After upgrading to 2019.4, I started receiving a new error message.  Error - ToolId 123: The file "C:\Alteryx Process\Output_New.hyper.

Are others having this issue?  Has a later version corrected the issue?  I have been having this issue for quite some time now.  I have a workaround but it is seriously a pain. I literally have to cut and paste the file to another location EVERYDAY to allow the new file to write.  Currently, my output option is set to "Overwrite Existing Extract File (Create if does not Exist).  I can't append as this is not a viable option.  No since in creating a new extract file because I would still have to move or delete the old one everyday.

TIA!!

Sheila

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sk1909 

Have you tried the instructions in this topic?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/2019-4-Failed-to-Start-new-Hyper-In...

It says your antivirus can interfere with the HyperD.exe used to output Hyper files.

Let us know if it works for you.

Cheers,

sk1909
8 - Asteroid

I can get the output as a new file, no problem.  I can't get it to overwrite an existing file.  I'm not familiar with white listing.  I went into the folder mentioned and set permissions to allow full control.  We'll see what happens!

sk1909
8 - Asteroid

This worked!  It wrote over the existing file!  I've been "managing" this for almost a year now.  Thank you!

Labels