Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error - The Pipe has been ended.

AKPWZ
8 - Asteroid

Hi, Just curious as to why I'm receiving this error.
A suggestion, how to fix this issue?

I didn't get any definite or satisfying answers on our community discussion portal. Please assist me so that I can understand more about this problem. Thanks

AKPWZ_0-1663595269677.png

11 REPLIES 11
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

We have had several problem with newer Alteryx versions, when the AMP engine in enabled.  For one of my workflows, the only solution to avoid the "pipe" error was to copy all tools from my current workflow and paste into a brand new workflow.

Chris

corey_hermanson
5 - Atom

Thank you @ChrisTX ! I had a similar problem with similar errors; turning off the AMP engine solved my issue. I was frequently getting "You found a bug. Replicate and send to us" and eventually "You found a bug. The pipe has ended" errors which would kill my process.

This would happen as my data entered a GROUP BY batch macro. I couldn't replicate the same errors because different lines of data would error each time; it was unpredictable.

I turned off the "Use AMP Engine" checkbox in the Workflow Runtime config and my flow ran without issues.

AKPWZ
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @ChrisTX & @corey_hermanson for your response. Really appreciate!
Just wanted ask what if we getting the same error even after turning off the AMP engine? Thanks!

frank6773
8 - Asteroid

I am still getting this bug after disabling the AMP engine as well as copying the workflow to a new one without the AMP engine.  Anybody else have ideas?

frank6773
8 - Asteroid

Solved it from another post that had me try the ODBC connection versus OCI.  That did the trick!

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

With AMP on: all of these errors were in the same workflow, when we encountered the "pipe" errors:

• Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe ReadFile: The pipe has been ended.
  • The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult: The pipe has been ended.
  • The instruction at 0x00007FFD1DBF4097 referenced memory at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program.
  • Input Data tool that reads an Alteryx database does not read in any data

After copy/paste all tools to new workflow, I still get:

• Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult:  The pipe has been ended.

We created a new case with Alteryx support, because the workaround "copy/paste all tools" didn't work.

I talked to Alteryx support yesterday. The support rep was going to meet with another team member today.

No resolution yet.

Chris

AKPWZ
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @ChrisTX for your response.
Will eagerly wait for the solution. All the best!

twainman
5 - Atom

Hi Chris,

Did you ever find a consistent solution to this? I'm getting this same error on a couple of my workflows.

Thanks,

Travis

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

@twainman for this error:

Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult:  The pipe has been ended.

We were in the process of upgrading to Alteryx Version: 2021.4.2

When I turned AMP off (under Workflow Configuration > Runtime > Use AMP Engine = un-checked), my workflow ran without errors.

With AMP off, if you're still getting a "pipe" error, suggest contacting Alteryx support.

Chris

Labels