Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: SharePoint List Output (8): Error while updating records: Item does not exist.

Yuri24
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to update a sharepoint list and getting the below error which doesnt make sense.

Error: SharePoint List Output (8): Error while updating records: Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.

The workflow joins data between the same sharepoint list and data in a excel file and updates the same sharepoint list. The excel file has rows with data for all columns, where as the sharepoint list has data for few columns and this update should add the missing items for columns in the same sharepoint list. Am I doing anything wrong here?

bulk upload.JPG

AThanks

2 REPLIES 2
Yuri24
8 - Asteroid

I figured out the issue, the ID when it was updating was being selected from the excel initially. I wanted to to basically updated the missing column items coming from sharepoint list, upon modifying the flow to select ID from the sharepoint list this was fixed.

CharltonFranklin
8 - Asteroid

I'm having the same error, but I cannot correct it the way you have @Yuri24 . I'm having the user enter the ID in the Analytic App. That input drives the update to the SharePoint list. Your fix doesn't quite explain the cause of the problem. Is it string, integer, data type issue? I tried testing that and I can't find that it's a data type issue. The challenge is that this worked for me in the past, but no longer works. I upgraded recently from 2020.1 to 2021.3. That's a possible culprit, but I'm still uncertain.

Labels