Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error SQLExtended Fetch Error

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

HI EVeryone,

I am getting an odd error in ALteryx that appears to be random thoughout a yxmd.

Error: Input Data (3): Error SQLExtendedFetch: [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Connection to Sybase server has been lost. Connection died while reading from socket. Socket returned error code 10054. ERRNO returned 0. All active transactions have been rolled back.[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Internal Error

It happens sporadically thorughout a process.  Is this an issue with my ODBC settings or an issue in ALteryx?

7 REPLIES 7
JohnMaty
9 - Comet

I posted too soon.  It has been a long day!  I needed to increase my fetch array size and packet size in the ODBC connection.

stephen81
6 - Meteoroid

I'm having the same issue. What values did you set in the end?

archit14
7 - Meteor

Hi JohnMaty, 

I am having a similar error. How can we change fetch array size and packet size in the ODBC connection administration?

I searched online, but couldn't find a way.

Appreciate your help,

Archit

rerwin21
6 - Meteoroid

How exactly do you update those two options (e.g. packet size)? I just received the same error and I'm not sure where to start.

Uli123
7 - Meteor

Would you be able to share where you were able to modify these settings?

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

Everybody, I really apologize.  I did not see the questions involving this.  I am making these changes inside of and ODBC through a windows machine to an oracle ASE database.  Under the advanced tab, there is an option at the bottom for packet size.

JohnMaty_0-1580153800389.png

Kbeckman
5 - Atom

Does anyone know how to expand on this using 32 bit ODBC?

Labels