Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error SQLDriverconnect: Data source name not found and no default driver specified

VS
7 - Meteor

Hi Experts,

When i am setting up the scheduler, getting "Error SQLDriverconnect: Data source name not found and no default driver specified" error.

I am using 1 excel data source and other ODBC connection to terradata.

Maintained the terradata connection setup but still not working.

Appreciate help.

Thanks

Vikas

13 REPLIES 13
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@VS have you Configured your "Run As" user settings?

VS
7 - Meteor

thanks Patrick.

It worked now.

jroot
8 - Asteroid

I'm having this same error code when running a workflow in Scheduler, but it runs just fine through the GUI. I've tried to find my Run As settings, but am not finding anything I need to configure. I'm running desktop with Scheduler.

Thanks!

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@jroot

Options --> Advanced Options --> System Settings --> Click "Next" until you see the screen "Run the Worker as a Different User?".  Enter your credentials there.

jroot
8 - Asteroid

I don't understand how that solves the problem, but it sure does. Thank you!

schadderwala
5 - Atom

what credentials should I use??

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@schadderwala your Windows credentials

@jroot It's allowing the service to run with the same privileges your account has.

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I am getting this error on an output that I am trying to write to SQL.  I found these (link below)  instructions on setting Run As permissions, but I don't understand the second part of them that says -- Then, set permissions on each of the folders requiring Run As user permissions.

https://help.alteryx.com/server/current/admin/Configuration/RunasPermissions.htm?TocPath=Configure%7...

I'm trying to write to SQL, not a folder.  I am not sure this is the right solution for this particular use case, as the original question was relative to an input I believe.  Any help would be appreciated.

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Additionally, I'm starting to think that I need the admin install of Alteryx.  I have the non-Admin.  Is that an issue in this particular problem.  

Labels