Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error SQLDriverconnect: Data source name not found and no default driver specified

VS
7 - Meteor

Hi Experts,

When i am setting up the scheduler, getting "Error SQLDriverconnect: Data source name not found and no default driver specified" error.

I am using 1 excel data source and other ODBC connection to terradata.

Maintained the terradata connection setup but still not working.

Appreciate help.

Thanks

Vikas

13 REPLIES 13
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@FreeRangeDingo Using the Admin version is preferred if that's an option for you. There is nothing wrong with the non-Admin version; just that there are fewer things to try ruling out for troubleshooting with the Admin version.

If you're trying to write to a SQL database, then it sounds like the issue might be related to your ODBC connection.  I would look into how the DSN is configured and if you have the correct driver version first.  Usually this is easiest to do if you have another tool that uses that connection and can confirm that it is working.

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

My error on this was that I had not yet created the table, but had the settings configured to overwrite table. There was no table to drop, so we ran the workflow first to create the table and then changed it to Delete Data and Append.

mimihng
5 - Atom

I am having the same issues as the other users: Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

I got as far as Run the Worker as a Different User page. What Domain should I be pointing this to? I understand I should use my Windows credentials for my Username and Password. 

mimihng_0-1584136096909.png

Thank you.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@mimihng point it to the domain that your Windows login uses.

Labels